Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Planting Herbs Despite April's Winter Snow Day

In my new pursuit of meal planning for the week, I'm hitting up Key Foods more often (thought I love Hannaford on Rt. 9 the most for the low prices and great shopping experience), accenting with a little Beacon Pantry or the Beacon Natural Market when I need special things. Today at Key Food, a fresh delivery of bright tulips and herbs had arrived! Normally I get herbs from Adams or Sunny Gardens, but ran out if time last weekend. And at $2.99 for each potted herb, and $5.99 for tulips, I could not resist! I snagged the tulips for a baby present and a housewarming gift, and picked up a planted basil, cilantro, parsley and dill. My only hope is that I can grow these herbs inside. I'll move them out to that empty, official herb garden plot that you see here in the back of this picture.

Spring or bust!

No comments:

Post a Comment