Thursday, April 10, 2014

Keen Natural Dehydrated Whole Food for Dogs at Beacon Barkery

The latest food marvel at Beacon Barkery is this Keen, which I spotted with my little eye while picking up my dog her usual Lamb wet dog food from Merrick. Dehydrated food in a box? Just add water and you have a wholesome meal in 5 minutes? Curious.

Everything I've bought at Beacon Barkery has been spot on, so this may be worth a try. Even though my dog is happy with her current food setup (Call of the Wild dry + Merrick Lamb formula wet + joint supplement + pain meds for arthritis). It was Libby, Beacon Barkery's owner, who I give huge credit to for helping my dog into a new phase of comfort. For years, Gerdy has dealt with "seasonal allergies" but they didn't go away these last few years. Gerdy ate a lot of chicken, and after getting her tested for mange and whatever else, Libby suggested eliminating chicken. Which for Gerdy kind of stunk because she likes to lick my plate of eggs in the morning.

But we took the plunge and went cold turkey with the chicken. Within weeks, a noticeable difference. But, Gerdy was still licking her paws. So I took her to Roosevelt Vet On the Hudson, and right away, based on an earlier incident with Gerdy becoming immobile after a road trip, they suspected arthritis, and that Gerdy was licking joints that hurt :(.....

So with the new food regiment and the meds, I think Gerdy is a happier camper. I could always ask the animal communicator whose flyers I see at Beacon Barkery every time I go.

So many choices at our local pet boutique! Seriously - if you have a need or problem, Libby always seems to have the answer...

No comments:

Post a Comment