Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Open Mic Night at Bank Square Tuesday Nights

Last Tuesday night, I had to work late, needing to hit some writing deadlines, so my hubby took the kids out to dinner. As suspected/feared, they had waffles for dinner at a diner, but they were out quite late. I got a text after the sun went down that they had continued onto Bank Square for Open Mic Night.

This is why dads are awesome and why men can be a good balance - I would have never thought to take the kids to Open Mic Night! But going to Bank Square on weekend mornings is somewhat of a routine for us, so the kids know the routine: they get yogurt or an Odwalla bar, and we have coffee or a beer, or a Mast Brothers hot chocolate.

So here we are enjoying Open Mic Night! The musicians are really good, and one just announced that he will be at the Dog Park this weekend from 4-6pm. And there is a flute player that floats into everyone's act to enhance it. I've never seen a guitar player officially playing at a dog park! This is why I love Beacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment