Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Coconut Oil + Moroccan Oil Saves Dry Hair

My hair is a little schitzo. One day with a blow dry and a brush, it looks normal. Other days, without that tender loving care, it looks like a monster mash. I've been getting my hair done with Josh at The Green Room (formerly Moxie), and he would say "It just needs some attention." Which is true.

So I got the Moroccan oil and conditioner, and things were looking up. But then my second pregnancy happened, and my skin and hair went out the window. After the pregnancy, my skin made a recovery, but my hair was still unknown to me, like some untamed thing that I didn't know how to work with anymore. Even after getting it cut, it would look split and frayed.

And then my sister-in-law visited for the weekend, and was evangelizing coconut oil as the source to fix all problems: moisturizer, hair treatment, cooking oil for chicken or popcorn. She was coocoo for coco. As a gift, she bought us a jar from Beacon Natural Market on Main Street.

I put it on my hair that night, sleeping in it. The next morning I washed it out with my usual Aveda Color Conserve shampoo and conditioner, as well as the Moroccan oil conditioning mask.

What a difference!! I had tips again! My hair was smooth, and looked happy and less frizzy.

So my new routine is this: I put the coconut oil in my hair twice a week before I jog. That way, it gets anywhere from 20mins to 1 hour to work its magic before I wash and condition it.

If you have any hair tips, do share. Otherwise, pick up the coconut and Moroccan oils in town! Beacon Natural Market for coconut oil, and The Green Room (formerly Moxie) for the Moroccan line.

No comments:

Post a Comment