Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Dog Dogging the Table at Fifth Annual Beacon Barks

Here's my girl, manning the table (dogging), at today's Beacon Barks parade. It was our first time, and was so fun! We were vendors, selling my accessories. The weather was perfect, and all the shops were out as vendors on the sidewalk. We were across from the bus station, which had become the band station for the amazing band (name escapes me at moment, I'll be back to edit it in). The parade opened with "Who Let the Dogs Out", and a surprising amount of Newfoundlands, Chiwawas, mastiffs, and other breeds paraded by, some in tutus, others in prams, and others who had to rough it on just leashes as the decoration.

In our area of vendor tables were The Coffee House, chair massage from Sacred Space, Hattie's sweet tea and lemonade as well as her fried chicken and BBQ. I didn't get to see who was on the other side of Willlow, but I heard great things! Crumb made a bunch, and I mean a bunch of their delicious chocolate chip cookies, and all were sold out by parade's end. As you know of my cookie obsession, I wasn't even phased when I visited them at 3:30 for an iced latte, as I was distracted by their chocolate and strawberry parfes, and cream puffs. Parfes? Really? Who do they think I am? Totally weak? Ok fine I am. But I went with the cream puff after a long day in the sun - with a dash to swim class in the middle for Ruby.

Yay for spring and yay for Beacon Barks!

No comments:

Post a Comment