Monday, April 18, 2011

Chocolate Caramel Tart at Crumb

Warning: do not make this chocolate caramel tart at Crumb a daily habit, or you will really need double doses of Bootcamp at Hudson Valley Fitness.
Ruby and I visited Crumb today because I endured Bootcamp this morning. Ok, that's a lie. I did go to Bootcamp, but I do have a daily chocolate chip cookie habit, Bootcamp or not. I figure if I carry Ruby to the cookie source, I'll have worked off a fourth of it.
Make no doubt, this chocolate caramel tart is serious. Rich, dark chocolate. Sweet caramel, almost roasted in flavor, sitting atop a sturdy crust that yes you can pick up, and doesn't require a fork (only do this in the privacy of your own home). A party of four could easily split this after an accomplished shopping stroll down Main Street with a Crumb latte, or paired with a rich red wine from Artisan Wine Shop across the street.
Once again, Crumb is Yumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment