Friday, April 29, 2011

Katie James to Vendor at Beacon Barks Parade!




So just a little ps...I have a few businesses going on. I'm somewhat of a business-a-holic, or an entrepreneurista. The first businesses I officially created was Katie James, Inc. I design accessories and currently get them stitched in Alabama (and am on the lookout for someone to help me develop patterns for some new products). I jumped into an open vendor slot for the Beacon Barks Parade, and even if I don't sell a thing, I'm really looking forward to it. Ever since moving to Beacon from Manhattan, and having my lovely baby, I've been a little out of my old scene. So if you see a table with bright fabric accessories on it, that's me! Jewelry pouches, sexy sleep masks for travel, dog treat bags, coffee cozis, and makeup rolls.

My next business was to create a "digital division" of this design business, so that I could quit my day job. My day job was as a manager of a national nonprofit website. Very fun, and taught me everything I know about SEO (search engine optimization). I opened for business to design websites for people, help them think out the structure of their sites, and strategically guide their SEO (or implement it, which is the most fun). I've been doing that for 5 years now, and I'm finally giving it its own name: Studio Pixelated. Portfolio website is being created right now, but you get the idea. I've challenged myself to build the whole thing on a blogger blog, to see how bare bones I can go, since so many people need to do that these days.

Then, I co-created a membership organization for entrepreneurs called Collective-E, that helped entrepreneurs promote their brands using benefits we developed around PR, online presence, and business development. We're rebranding it and it's very exciting. We're making the website more organized, featuring members in different ways, and other big things.

And this blog is the newest project!! So fun to channel my love for our new home of Beacon into an outlet like this.

So you might see all of this at my table. If I have time to make any take-away sheets, but otherwise, it will be great to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment