Saturday, May 17, 2014

Homemade Pizza Night

Pizza is really easy to order from anywhere around here (Leo's, Brothers, Pleasant Ridge, Andoline's over the bridge in Newburgh) but really fun is buying freshly floured dough from Pleasant Ridge of Brothers and making our own. Sometimes a square deep dish in a silly baking dish works, and my personal favorite, the calzone loaded with grilled chicken, spinach, tomatoes and cheese (provolone and mozzarella).

As you can see here, sometimes we go rogue and each make our own pizzas! Some prefer the pizza stone (me), and others prefer the metal baking dish (hubby). We both love buttering the bottom, and I sprinkle some salt on the baking surface. The next goal is to stop into Utensil, the kitchen store on the east end of Main Street to get a wooden pizza oven thing so that I can more easily transfer pizza onto the pizza stone.

And, I haven't tried to buy gluten free dough from Brothers, but they do serve a gluten free pizza! So maybe they'd sell you the dough (but shhh...you didn't hear it from me...)

No comments:

Post a Comment