Sunday, February 26, 2012

We Made A Kazoo! Toilet Paper Roll and Tissue

In my dream life, I was searching on the Internet for kids craft ideas, printing them out, and putting them in a pretty binder I have from Target. But I never made the time...until Pinterest digitized it for me! It occurred to me I could have a virtual pinboard/binder of kids crafts I actually want to try. The Kazoo Project, courtesy Martha Stewart, is our first attempt.

Make it with a short toilet paper cardboard roll (or long paper towel roll). You can make this a Kazoo by placing a piece of wax paper over the end and secure with a rubber band. You may even want to glue the wax paper down on the sides, and then rubber band it to prevent slipping. We decorated the Kazoo with scrapbook paper from Amy Butler, and tissue paper from the uber cute store, Olive and Bette's. One doesn't get tissue paper from that store very often (at least I don't), so I had to find a second use for it. We glued the scrapbook paper around the cardboard roll, and rouched the tissue paper around the end of the roll where the wax paper was rubberbanded. The tissue paper covered the rubber band.

Then, voila! You have a Kazoo!

1 comment: