Sunday, February 19, 2012

It's Official! Spring 2012 is Here

But we'll probably have one more snowstorm in late March, because that is when I'm due with The Little Baby. It snowed horribly for Halloween, and it will again on these little flowers and my fast and furious drive. But that's ok!

I'm having visions of what I'd like to do to the front yard, to personalize the landscaping and make it more our own. Is it bad to fully remove large bushes just because I don't like them? If it's not a huge project to dig them out (yeah right), then I'll see if there are any takers. The problem is, I just can't plant any flowers around them because they are too huge!

3 comments:

  1. Nope, not a bad thing at all to remove plantings you don't like so that you can have the garden you see in your mind. I have had a lot of luck with posting on Beaconcitizen for folk to come and take plants I dig up - have yet to compost any of those !

    ReplyDelete
  2. We dug up two huge bushes from our front when we first moved here. I think they were yews. It was not easy to do, lots of grunting, but It made a great difference and I've never missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great to know! Getting excited...

    ReplyDelete