Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bi-Polar Explorer on Display in my Chronogram Magazine

So this worly eyed guy has been staring at me this week from the Ikea butcher block island in our kitchen as I feed Ruby one of several meals and snacks. I don't read much anymore because 1. I'm a 'preneur so am consumed with working on my business, and 2. I'm a new mom, so can barely shower.

Tonight, we're having date night at home, so hubby cooks steaks (I whisked a lemon sauce for asperigas), and I've got the radio on WFUV. Yes, the radio, because I really do love it more than iPods on shuffle or repeat sometimes.

Before date night started, hubby took a walk while I put Ruby to bed, so when I came down, I had a few quiet moments to drink a beer, wipe down the highchair, and fall into a Saturday night place I haven't been in a while. In my single days, I'd listen to Garrison Keillor in my apartment, followed by TV of British comedies on Thirteen, followed by my music while I worked on projects, any project. Drawing for an FIT assignment, blogging for my old blog, cleaning, anything. It was awesome.

So I checked my email quick to email my business partners (didn't have business partners or a baby or a husband in those days), and picked up the Chronogram to finish reading about the home-based bread baker with an awesome kitchen. But I've gotten so far as to learning about who this man is on the cover: he's a misfit explorer from the early 20th-century, who "never got anywhere or found anything." He is now part of a photography exhibit by Allison Leach titled Bi-Polar Explorer, and it's on display at Davis Orton Gallery in Hudson through July 31, 2011. Allison did something neat with the negative and Polaroid.

And now my steak is done, date night has started. Let's all go to the exhibit!

No comments:

Post a Comment