Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Elisa's for Lunch on the Road

Elisa's, on Rt. 52 and 84 was actually the catalyst for me starting this blog. I'd been meaning to do it for a few months but hadn't. When I stopped in there one snowy Sunday for milkshakes for my hubby and me, I learned about their pasta dishes - cooked to suit! Using vegetables from their organic garden that they had packed into the freezer. I was overcome with their enterprising spirit and pride for their cooking, that I started the blog right then when I got back in the car.
Confession: I have yet to try a pasta dish, but their window sign advertising "PASTA DISHES" always left me craving on when we drove by. You have to call a day ahead so that they can get the ingredients, especially if you want clams, shrimp, or other seafood. I get my pasta fix at Brothers and Eleven in Fishkill, so we'll see how this compares.
But. For now, I can tell you that in addition to milkshakes, they can make you a grilled cheese with onion rings, a burger, hot dog, and various other items (no cold cuts). You can eat at their tiny counter, outside on a picnic bench, or in your car in the parking lot. And if you're like me, you can do a little phone business while you eat and your baby naps. My business parter over at Collective-E and I were able to answer a few email questions for an interview (she typed, I chomped).

No comments:

Post a Comment