Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beacon Moms Scramble to Get In Touch When Sun Comes Out

As a new mom, I've noticed that when you have your baby on your own for the day, the mornings are for baby's naps, and the afternoons are for socializing (except on my Wednesdays, when Ruby and I have music class in Fishkill, and we pack a lunch and hit the big box stores on 9D and I work from my laptop via iPhone tethering or Optimum hot spot while Ruby gets a nap in).
If it's been gray and rainy for days, and then the sun shines, the phones start burning up with mothers calling each other to go on stroller walks, jogs, and impromptu sushi if husbands come home late.
That's how today was. In a matter of five minutes, I went from a very calm day, great nap of Ruby's, to sunshine, phones burning up, invitations to get outside, updates on new content up at Collective-E, all while Mary Poppins Spoon Full of Sugar blared as my soundtrack while Ruby rocked her excersaucer across the kitchen. It was a great end to a long day.
And so I leave you with the results of my stroller walk with a friend: a picture of this pink stove currently in the window of Trendy Tots Take Two. But don't even think of getting it! I've got my name all over it for Ruby Ray's first birthday. I'd like her to try her hand at having a resteraunt. They do, however, have cute clothes for spring, other wooden cooking toys, a wooden toy box that has games on all sides, and a kind of big-kid piano keyboard.

3 comments:

  1. That oven is the CUTEST! Lu will be her sous chef - or the hostess. Whatever works! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a consignor at Trendy Tots Takes Two and I absolutely love that place. Owner Jen is an absolute doll!
    The stove is darling!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennie: We're hiring! ;)

    Millie: I love them too!

    ReplyDelete