Thursday, June 9, 2016

A Little Beacon Blog Is Moving! Literally! And RSS Feed-Wise (Maybe)


So, if you haven't been to our Instagram lately, DO check it out, because we've (we as in me, Katie), have been posting sneak-peek photos of big changes that were in my wish list dreams, but came true sort of quickly, and serendipitously.

I'll get to the point (because the Cable Guy is coming, and then Ryan from rSTUDIO is coming to hang some wall art, so time is tight for writing at moment!):

A Little Beacon Blog is taking an office on Main Street.

EEEEEE!!!!

This has prompted a move of our blog from Blogger, which I do love for many reasons but has grown too wonky for what are doing with it and the number of people working on editing articles - namely Marilyn and Catherine - to Squarespace. I've been designing and producing websites for 11 years for my services business, now called InHouse Design Media. In that capacity, we built websites from scratch and I didn't pursue these drag-and-drop website template platforms like Squarespace. Now that I have... Wow, am I amazed and excited. SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES with design, function, mobile, and more.

What you see here is a picture of Marilyn sitting at my desk, which is big enough to serve as a work desk when we are both here working Battleship-style. I've had this desk since I moved to NYC in 2002, and it has been my home office desk ever since. My mom bought it for me from IKEA when she dropped me off in NYC, to rent a living room in someone's apartment (yes, as my own living space).

We are hammering out the new website in Squarespace, which is almost ready. We are working on the home page right now. Tinkering tinkering!

More updates are to come. I just wanted to give you this sneak peek here at the blog. It's about to get a lot more bloggy up in here!

Thank you so much for reading thus far. More of what you love is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment