Friday, February 19, 2016

It's Flyer Friday! A Peek Into Our Day Hanging Flyers Around Town

The Latest Headlines flyers, fresh from Accuprint the printer.
I now proclaim Fridays in a given month to be Flyer Fridays! The latest headlines from A Little Beacon Blog are selected and printed out at Accuprint on Main Street, and passed out by me in a semi-strategic fashion with a box of thumbtacks and the tape roller hanging out of my pocket.

Hanging flyers is actually nerve-wracking because you're walking into someone's busy day and asking if your own business can show up on their walls. It's really fun, however, to be out and about, out from behind my computer, basking in the sunshine. I've also tried bringing my daughter along so that she can see me at work in a different capacity other than sitting at a computer. This prospect did not go over so well, as she just wanted to get home and run around, so ... I turned it into a job prospect for her! Now, when she comes with my on my flyer route, she is a Flyer Hanger and gets paid 10 whole dollars for the afternoon, which sometimes consists of hanging flyers in just three shops (thanks Beacon Karate!) because of the introductions and shop-talk conversations that take place. But, I figure this is a good job to do, as she's saving up for the grand summer of Summer Day Camps; the cash goes right into her Camp bank envelope.

What my daughter has seen, however, is the denial of a flyer hung. I know! Some businesses just don't do flyers, and that's perfectly alright. But after that happened, she started rooting for me. When we took ourselves on a business lunch to BJ's for some sweet yams and mac 'n' cheese, she insisted that I ask them if we could hang a flyer. I told her that we could wait till the end of our lunch, as they were very busy. But she persisted. "Persistence" is one of her favorite words that she learned at school. I asked why she wanted me to ask so badly ... why the sudden interest? She replied: "I want to see if they said yes!"

BJ's did say yes. Thank you, BJ's! And thank you to everyone who takes flyers! Homespun, Baja 328, Bank Square, Beacon Natural Market, Antelek and Moore Insurance, Beacon Dental, Key Food, everyone!

Do you want the Latest Headlines or a Things To Do In Beacon Guide flyer in your store? Comment here or on Facebook to let me know, and we will stop in!

No comments:

Post a Comment