Monday, May 9, 2011

Glitter and Pattern Manicures Without the Mess, and Lasts

I'm gazing at my own manicure of seriously compressed gold glitter and black stripe, dubbed Creme de la Creme by the nail polish maker, Incoco. But this isn't your normal nail polish that you paint on - it's stick on, but it's real polish that once it's exposed to air, starts drying super fast, and I mean super fast. It's 3 polishes in 1: the base coat, the beautiful color or pattern, and the top coat. It's been a week, and after caring for a baby who gets a bath every night, and even through gardening and digging out and replanting azalea bushes - NOT A CHIP.

I get my toes done at Love Nails just because it's so enjoyable to get a pedicure. And for my ingrowns. But for my fingers, I paint my own because I can. However, I was on the judging panel last weekend for the Independant Handbag Designers Awards (final awards presented June 15!) and while there, 3GirlsBeauty were offering complimentary mini-manis to apply Incoco nails. I'm not one to get bling glued onto my nails, so when presented with the option of getting a pattern nail polish print, I almost passed. My choice was between gold with black stripe print, or very compressed purple glitter. How can a girl decide?

I went with gold. The girls at 3GirlsBeauty applied it and educated me as to how the nail polish is applied, and why it works. They said people would notice. And they have. Right away. My barrista at my local coffee shop Bank Square spotted them immediately: "Where did you get those? Are those the stick on nails I was reading about? CVS was out of them and I wanted the houndstooth!"
Yes they are, and they rock. They aren't the Lee press-on nails from long ago, which I've tried and they flew everywhere in an airplane once when I was opening a bag of peanuts. They are actual nail polish that come in little strips that vary in size to fit your nail widths. They are thin little stickers that you can flatten into place around your nail.

I can't vouch for how I'll do putting them on by myself, or removing them with nail polish remover, but when I do, this blog will be the first to know. I do know that when I do apply them, there won't be a drying time, so I can go to bed right away if I do them at night when my daughter isn't climbing on me. And there won't be a bottle to spill. This isn't replacing my bottles of essie nail polish, but it's a nice addition to my nail polish collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment